viernes, 2 de agosto de 2013

"The Secret within Music: Gurdjieff, Steiner, and the Sufis, Music by Laurence Galian".


Follow your magnetic center and ignore this world...







Mystic texts and original music that reveals the very nature and hidden reality of music. Laurence Galian composes and performs original music in the style of Gurdjieff and De Hartmann, further inspired by new spiritual influences of Rudolf Steiner, and the greatest mystics of Sufism.


A mystery drama is possibly unfolding in Laurence Galian's life. Professor Galian's first mystical teacher was Rudolf Steiner. Laurence tells us, "I first encountered Steiner when I was seventeen years old. I read his work 'The Philosophy of Spiritual Activity,' and it blew me away. Here was this man, Steiner, proving the existence of God and the spirit worlds, simply through words! So, I started ordering and reading every Steiner book I could find. Amazingly, I learned that a Steiner community known as 'Threefold Farms' was located about ninety minutes from me, in Spring Valley, New York. I began to drive to Spring Valley frequently, to attend performances of Steiner's 'Mystery Plays', and Eurhythmy performances (the form of artistic movement he created). Gradually, as the residents of "Threefold Farms" got to know me, and my interest in the music of Richard Wagner, they opened up huge private drawers containing unpublished speeches by Steiner on music and Wagner. Later in my life, I studied with a private teacher another spiritual art form created by Steiner called 'Speech Formation'." One of the cornerstones of Steiner's teachings is reincarnation. As he revealed in his videos on YouTube, Laurence Galian is adopted. His biological mother first named him 'Joseph'. After his adoption, his adoption father kept the name 'Joseph' but legally added the name 'Laurence'. Professor Galian shares with us that "While I was creating this video about music, Gurdjieff, Steiner, and the Sufis, I googled Rudolf Steiner, as I wanted to display each individual's full name in the video. I was amazed to discover that the full name of Rudolf Steiner is Rudolf Joseph Lorenz Steiner. I couldn't believe my eyes! Lorenz is an alternate spelling of Laurence. In life, I first was Joseph, then Laurence, exactly the order in Steiner's name. I can't help but wonder, am I, Laurence Joseph Galian, the reincarnation of Rudolf Joseph Lorenz Steiner?" Many Sufis believe that the Koran supports the concept of reincarnation. At the very least, this is an intriguing development




No hay comentarios: